TOP TIPS FOR WINTER SKIN
Beauties, it’s cold outside!
Winter is here and while we’re all busy layering up and staying warm, it's so easy to forget your skin needs a little extra TLC during the colder months too. A change of season and cold temperatures can wreak havoc with your skin, as your skin goes through an adjustment phase.
“Those dreaded chapped lips and dry, dull skin don’t have to be a winter ritual… there are ways to keep your #skinlicious glow this winter.” – Ebony, Founder real-u Skincare.
COLD WEATHER AND YOUR SKIN
Your skin has a unique protective system called the ‘acid mantle barrier’, which is made up of oils, fatty acids, lactic acid, amino acids and your skin’s own natural moisturising factor – which creates a protective barrier on your skin, sealing in moisture and protecting your skin against infection.
HOW TO UPSET YOUR ACID MANTLE
When the winter chill creeps in it puts your ‘acid mantle barrier’ in jeopardy as your skin is faced with harsh dehydrating environmental factors…
- Cold temperatures outside
- Warm heating inside
- Decreased humidity in the air
- Cold wind
All these factors can cause your skin to become dehydrated, dry, dull and flakey in appearance. Keeping your skin properly hydrated, particularly in the colder months helps keep your acid mantle intact.
This is important for breakout prone skin as dehydration creates tiny cracks in this barrier, letting moisture out and bacteria in, leading to more breakouts.
OUR TOP TIPS
8 top tips to keep #skinlicious during the colder months.
1. You have 3 minutes to moisturise with your HYDRATE Lite Moisturiser after you shower, before your skin becomes dehydrated & tiny cracks appear.
2. Get in early - don't wait for bedtime to do your real-u 3-Step Program as it gives our skin-loving formula time to get working!!
3. Avoid hot air from heaters blowing on your skin as it steals much needed moisture from your skin.
4. No super-hot showers - while the heat from an evening shower may feel phenomenal on a chilly day, super-hot showers can further dry out and dehydrate your skin.
5. Use a damp, clean face cloth to remove your cleanser, as it helps exfoliate dead skin cells making it easier for your products to absorb into your skin.
Find out how to best Cleanse problem skin here.
6. Hydrate from the inside – amp up your hydration and have an extra glass of water before bed to keep your skin hydrated from the inside while you sleep.
7. Get a good night’s sleep so your skin can slip into heal, recover & repair mode.
8. Keep up your real-u 3-Step Program 2 x daily!!