A good night’s sleep can make you look and feel younger, when you wake up tired, so does your skin. This is because in the deepest stages of sleep your body produces the most growth hormones - these hormones work to repair and rebuild your skin cells, leaving your skin healthy for the next day.
Sleep is an important, yet underestimated, ingredient in your beauty routine. Here we give you the 6 key secrets to getting the best out of your ‘Beauty Sleep’...
6 TIPS TO BEAUTY SLEEP
1. Clear skin sleeps on fresh pillowcases... change your pillowcase every 2 days and flip it each night, as it can hold bacteria and oils from the night before.
2. Sleep on your back: to prevent excess oils and bacteria from building up on your pillowcase. This also helps prevents wrinkles.
3. Sleep like a mermaid... flick your hair over the back of your pillowcase to prevent bacteria and oils from your hair getting onto your skin.
4. Have a glass of water before bed: to keep your skin hydrated from the inside.
5. Get your skincare routine in early: as it gives the real-u skin-loving formula time to get working!
6. It’s not ‘Beauty Sleep’ if you leave your makeup on!
“In the deepest stages of sleep your body produces the most growth hormones - these hormones work to repair and rebuild your skin cells, leaving your skin healthy for the next day.”– Ebony, Founder, real-u Skincare
Every hour before midnight is worth 2 hours of sleep after midnight.
Night night xx