DULL, DRY & DEHYDRATED SKIN?
The answer is HYDRATE. Find out why hydration is essential for managing oily, problem skin here.
Ever found yourself with a complexion so dull no amount of makeup can cover it? It could be a sign that your skin is dehydrated. Yes, even oily skin can experience dehydration!
Having dehydrated, dry and oily skin, and acne all at the same time sounds like a difficult combination of problems to handle, but it's more common than you think. When your skin already feels oily, adding more moisture is the last thing you might think your skin needs. However, keeping problem skin properly hydrated is actually essential for clearing breakouts and controlling oil levels.
Your skin protects itself by producing a combination of sebum (oil) and moisture that acts as a protective barrier. When you deprive your skin of moisture, it tells your sebaceous (oil) glands they're not doing their job well enough, which sends them into overdrive to compensate. This leads to an increase in oil production - resulting in more breakouts.
Using a moisturiser that works with your oil production levels, not against it, is what makes our HYDRATE Lite Moisturiser a really important step in our 3-Step Program for clearing and preventing breakouts.
“Keeping your skin well hydrated is important for breakout prone skin as it helps to keep your oil glands calm - preventing them from over-reacting to a lack of moisture.” – Ebony, Founder, real-u Skincare
There are 2 types of moisture in your skin; one is oil (sebum), the other is water. Oil is produced by the sebaceous gland to protect the surface of the skin. The water in your skin acts not only as hydration, but also to flush away toxins and carry nutrients to your skin cells. Together, the correct balance helps keep your skin protected, healthy and smooth.
“Using oil free products to treat acne and problem prone skin is a bit of a misconception. You need just the right combination of water and oil in your products, so your oil glands know to relax and not over-produce even more oil. real-u products have been specially formulated to work in harmony with your skin.” – Ebony, Founder, real-u Skincare⠀
WHY CHOOSE REAL-U?
Our real-u HYDRATE Lite Moisturiser has been especially formulated to suit oily and breakout prone skin, keeping your skin properly hydrated without clogging your pores. Our lightweight formula is easily absorbed into your skin, leaving it feeling soft and velvety smooth. It also acts as the perfect base for makeup. Find out why real-u Beauties are ditching the pimple causing primers for real-u Hydrate.
CAUSES OF DEHYDRATED SKIN
- Very cold or hot temperatures
- Air forced heating
- Cold wind
- Not drinking enough water
- Excess sun exposure
- Plane flights
- Some medications
- Harsh soaps or cleansers
- Not moisturising your skin correctly
CHARACTERISTICS OF DEHYDRATED SKIN
- Slight to severe flaking and scaling of the skin
- Fine lines
- Pink complexion
“The consequence of dehydrated skin is an increase in oil production and sensitivity.” – Ebony, Founder, real-u Skincare⠀
FOR BEST RESULTS
- Hydrate your skin 2x daily with real-u HYDRATE Lite Moisturiser, morning and night as part of your 3-Step Program.
- Remember you’ve only got three minutes - to hydrate your skin after cleansing, before tiny cracks appear and your skin becomes dehydrated.
- Take a pea-sized amount of real-u HYDRATE Lite Moisturiser and gently massage into your fingertips to warm.
- Massage into your skin avoiding the eye area.
- Gently pat into your skin to make sure it is properly absorbed.
- Drink enough water throughout the day and have a glass of water before bed to keep your skin hydrated from the inside.